Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Goodbye

I lost a friend this week.  And not just any friend.  He was my best friend. Bobby Alcorn was the most hilarious, crazy, always doing dumb stuff guy I have ever met! I met him when I was in 3rd grade.  Course back then I thought he was a bully!  It wasn't until 8th grade when I really started to be good friends with him.  We rode the bus together every morning and afternoon.  The only reason I started to talk to him was because he would stare at me... not just la de da stare... I mean STARE at me.. with his Gorgeous Baby Blue eyes widen and his mouth opened in a huge smile like manor... and would NOT STOP!  This lasted for weeks.. no joke! I thought he was crazy!  I was right... but then again so was I.

We ended up going to high school together and we went to cadet ball together.  Probably one of my favorite dances besides prom! And every morning and afternoon we'd still hang out on the bus!  When Senior year rolled by I had a class with him and sat next to him.  That was when we started to become best buddies.  And that's around the time I met my other best friend Kyle.  Sarah and I had already been hanging out for practically our whole lives so when we all went to Grad Night together... it was the beginning of all four of our friendships combined as a group.

The following two years we hung out all the time.  Making stupid videos, and taking hilarious pictures... baking cookies or brownies and playing twister. Or just watching dumb movies!  Bobby even got me to break into CenterVille one night and jump the fence so we could play on the swings... lol but I cut my leg on the fence cause I got caught and got a narly scar from it... so now I will forever have Bobby with me... on my leg lol.

It seems really unfair to us all that he's gone.  He didn't deserve to go so soon.  I had so much to tell him.  He didn't even get to meet my son.  I had a letter all written out to send to him since he didn't have a phone... but  since I didn't have his address I never got to send it... =/ I miss him.

We have so much history... now the "Foursome" will forever be a "Trio". I feel like this is all some sort of sick joke... like he's going to do to me like he did before and pretend to be hurt... and then show up on my driveway unharmed.  The last time I saw him was the June before my wedding.  So two years ago.  I just wish I could have one last conversation with him.

I love you Bobby.  We will miss you forever and laugh at all your lame jokes for eternity.  May your memory be eternal.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment