Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Longer Recovery Than Expected

Well what's new... It's been a long but great week of being a Mom and getting used to taking care of Kyle.  Recovering from a c-section is not easy.  Sitting up, laying down, picking up Kyle, going to the bathroom, and even breathing, sneezing, and coughing is really hard to do.  I thought that after a week of pain and recovering that I'd start to feel some relief and be able to do more things but not so much.  My stomach started to get more sensitive to the touch and I have having daily severe headaches.  Things just didn't feel right.


So yesterday called my doctor then went to the E.R.  Waited there for 4 hours before finally getting called in and receiving a bed.  Talked to the doctor and it turns out that I have a skin infection.  Its called Cellulitis which is a common skin infection caused by bacteria.  It does indeed hurt and is all over my stomach.  On top of that my blood pressure is through the roof.  Way to high.  Which scares me cause that usually means there's something up with my kidneys.  I don't have the best kidneys in the world but I hope they're healthy enough to get me passed all of this and more.


So that's where I am now at the very moment.  I'm laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to a IV for antibiotics,doing one of those 24 hour urine things and I have to have my tummy exposed to everyone cause it hurts even when  my clothes lay against it now.  Joel is laying beside me on a pull out bed passed out from working so much.  Kyle is laying in a crib in front of me making little noises as he sleeps.  It's nice that I have my boys here.  Its a little tough to hold kyle cause of the IV in my arm.  It beeps every time I bend my arm for too long.

This is pretty much just an update on how I'm doing.  I, myself, am doing okay.  A bit frustrated cause I thought I was done coming to the hospital.  But I'm glad I listened to my instincts and got this taken care of before it got into my blood stream.  Lets pray for a speedy recovery!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment