Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Birth Story


I would LOVE to introduce you to the newest Nixon to the family:  

KYLE MICHAEL NIXON
Just Born
Weighing in a whopping 9 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long Kyle came dancing into this world at 1:54pm.  
Happy Hipster
The whole process of a C-section was really scary to me.  But all in all it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The anxiety of waiting for the actual operation was the worst part for me.  But once I got to the actual operating room my blood pressure started to rocket.  So they gave me some drugs to settle the nerves which in result made me slur my words and see double!  It was indeed hilarious.  Feeling my legs go limp was another odd feeling I wasn't to sure about.  Once Joel came into the room I started to feel a lot better.  Once they put up the curtain they pretty much just started.  I had no idea they were already operating.

The whole operating experience was an okay experience.  Good thing was I felt no pain.  There was a lot of pressure and once they pulled the baby out I felt a instant relief.. like a balloon being deflated.  And I heard a cry and someone yell "You have a SON!"  "Its a BOY!" Joel rushed over to his side and they finally came around and showed me the baby and I instantly  started to ball.  To see his chubby cheeks and hear his beautiful cry was so overwhelming.  I could see the expression in Joel's face change from anticipation to "I'm a Daddy!" all in a matter of seconds.  He was one proud Papa.  

Daddy Indie
After the baby left the room I had to wait to be sewed up by the doctors.  Joel left the room to be with Kyle and I was left in the room to collect my thoughts.  I wasn't thinking all that much except that I wish I could hold my baby.  I got to kiss him but that was it. I trying to fight the tears of not being able to get those first few moments with my son.  I felt a bit disconnected.  They finally wheeled me into the recovery room where all our family was waiting for our arrival.  Kyle and Joel were already there and I was the last one in.

Again I started to cry.  It was such an emotional moment.  Happy, nervous, in love, scared... in pain... feeling like my baby was just taken from me... I wanted to see my baby! I got situated finally and they gave me my Kyle.  I started to talk to him.. although I was nervous that he would start crying... surprisingly he calmed down and fell asleep in my arms. He knew my voice.  He just looked at me for one moment like he knew exactly who I was.  It was a beautiful moment for me.
Our new Family

Later we started to breast feed.. but he was way too tired to even open his eyes.  So we let him sleep and cuddle and we took naps as well.  My blood pressure was still pretty high so we had to wait a bit longer to make sure I was okay.  Babies vitals were good and mine were improving.

Overall the day got better and we got Kyle to latch on successfully!  He's becoming Mommy's little boy quite fast if I do say so myself.  I think I'm getting the hang of breast feeding.  And I can tell the baby really loves to be near me.  Whoever said that Love at First Sight wasn't real... obviously has never had a baby before.  I fell instantly in Love with this fellow one I saw him. although we are indeed tired already and I am in so much pain I can barely breath.  I can ultimately say I wouldn't have it any other way!  I love him! 

Breastfeeding Champ
Well its time for me to take a nap.

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. God bless you and your family as you start your new life together as a threesome. God is good and he loves all of you so very much. Cynthia Simmons

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing- now I'm all weepy! <3 much luv to your little family!

    ReplyDelete