Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A painting and "The pantie story"

Is officially finished with the painting I've been working on!  I'm so proud of myself.  For some reason I've been avoiding painting and sketching.  I think I was just going through a rough patch... a creativity block of some kind.  After my Mom visited and finished a painting of her own it made me want to get my creativity on! But I couldn't just start a project for myself of finish a painting I've been procrastinating on... mainly cause I needed to be motivated to get it done.  So since my best friend's birthday is coming up in June and I know I'll be way too busy with the baby to paint much I thought why not paint a picture for her now while I still can.

She and I have a very, ummm, unusual friendship at times.  You would call it verbal abuse, we call it positive criticism and encouragement! LOL!  We hold each other accountable for our actions and we're very much a like which is why I think we are such good friends.  We know where are limits are.  ANYWHO, I knew she would yell at me if I didn't get it done in time and I needed that boost of motivation.  And it worked!

A tradition Sarah and I started with each other was to give one another underwear for our birthdays.  Sounds funny and odd I know.  The way this tradition started was when we were in high school.  I was complaining about my pantie lines and Sarah told me to invest in some thongs.  I was shocked that she suggested it but was afraid to get them alone.  So like a good friend that she is... she took me to Victoria's Secret to get my first few pairs of Thongs.  It was hilarious.  We ended up having some inside jokes about the whole experience and somehow came to the conclusion that we should buy one another underwear cause its too pricey otherwise.  And after 5 years of different kinds of underwear we eventually started decorating them!  I got some puffy paints last year and made funny references and pictures on them and imagined her future Husband looking at her butt wondering why her underwear said "I Love Jen" on them. =) I like to embarrass her.

Anyways I worked on this painting all last night and today and I am now done.  I'm very proud of myself cause I've never been so detailed with a Black and White flower before.  Especially on a small canvas.  I'll be sending it to her pretty soon and then I'll post the picture.  



Other than that today was a nice day.  There was a nice big Dust Storm outside and then it started to rain a bit. It was nice to have a cool evening.  I've also been having contractions today but they're not consistent enough to be too concerned about it.  But this baby is getting way too big for my tummy!  I think both he and I are ready for him to come out at this point!  Well that's all she wrote! =)

Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment