Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Choosing the big DAY!

So today was a total wake up call! I've been waiting to blog on account that I have no idea what is happening... one doctor says one thing... another says something different.. so when I went into my weekly doctor check and NST I finally got the answers I was looking for... although it was more than I bargained for! (In a good way)

Joel and I have been struggling with the idea of a C-section. We are for sure going through with it although it makes me really nervous. But it's been hard to pinpoint the date of when we were going to bring this baby into the world.  I requested to get a amniocentesis test done. 
An Amniocentesis Test is:  the procedure where they stick a long thing needle through you tummy into your uterus to get a sample of the amniotic fluid.  The fluid, if the lungs are mature, should contain some protein which gives us the go ahead that the baby's lungs are developed and we can schedule the C-section early! 

So we are having the Amniocentesis tomorrow (Tues May 22) and if all goes well our doctor wants to do the C-section the following DAY!!!! That took us way off guard when she said that!  We forgot the baby had to come out somehow and soon! So we talked about it... and if we can and the test comes out good, then we're going to try to have the baby on (Friday May 25).  But if for some reason the test comes back negative then we'll wait until next Friday ( June 1st).  Nonetheless we're having this baby SOON!  And we'll know by tomorrow afternoon how soon exactly we're expecting the little guy!

We have the baby room all ready and the house is... ummm somewhat clean... my mentality is better than before and I'm more excited to meet our little creation then to stress over the operation.  My contractions are getting closer and more painful lately.  I'm thinking that no matter what this baby is coming super soon! Talk about a reality check!  Joel ad I are in shock still.

In other news, my tummy is way too big to fit into any of my maternity clothes!  So I came up with a solution!  I'm going to wear my old dresses and wear them as maternity shirts... and it WORKED! It actually makes me feel good that I can wear something from my past... even if it looks differently on me now.  I'm 37 weeks going on 38 on Friday!  Keep us in your prayers!  And I'll be sure to keep everyone updated either by facebook or blog!  =D 
Dress #1
Dress #2

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment