Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Insomnia

Oye I can't sleep!!!! It is currently 3 am and I feel wide awake!  I don't know if its just from being pregnant or if it's something else but for almost a month or so I've been having horrible sleep patterns!  For example I couldn't sleep at all the other day so I tried to lay in bed, watch tv shows, and even played a few games on the kindle.  I was finally getting tired but I could sense a light behind me coming from behind my window blinds.  I thought it was my neighbors bright truck lights shinning in so I looked over to wince at the light and was surprised to see it was not truck lights but the sun coming up... yup it was 5am.

I can't figure out what is keeping me from crashing.  I thought it was because I wasn't tired enough but nope I've been tired all day and when it finally came down to sleep... I just couldn't fall asleep.  I've been living on 4-7 hours asleep every day.  Once I get to sleep I'm pretty good at staying asleep.  I hope this insomnia doesn't last for too much longer.. I need to rest.  My whole body and mind is exhausted.  I thought about taking benadryl but I hate that it also puts baby Odo to sleep as well.  Kinda makes me feel weird about taking it.

I'll probably try to sleep after I'm done writing this but Idk how that will turn out.  Although on the plus side it's nice to see the baby so active even if it is at night.  I didn't realize how much he moved late in the evening.  He actually has the hiccups right now!!! So Cute!!!

I went to a doctors apt yesterday (Monday) and they said that since my blood sugars are still spiking they're going to put me on a diabetic pill and taper down my medication for my PUPPPs. I'm hoping that it helps.  I tend to be pretty bad at testing my sugars when I'm supposed to.  I keep on forgetting... plus I don't have a regular eating schedule which also makes it hard.  I also have a sonogram next week to see the growth of the baby.  I'm hoping his growth spurts are over with but we'll see.

I got my hospital bag repacked and both mine and Joel's diaper bags ready as well.  The room is pretty much put together and all we have left is to get a few more things from target and also return a few items.  And we will be GOOD! I'll be 9 months this Friday!  Can't believe 36 weeks is here already! Well I guess I best be going... it's turning 4am and nothing good happens at 4am in the morning.  Goodnight I hope!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment