Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Having Faith

Well I'm officially in Limbo!  Since I've been more active lately my Umbilical Hernia started to close with my intestines still out and it hurts!  I actually forgot I had it because I didn't feel it until lately.  The other day I was in so much pain that I thought that I had a Kidney Stone.  Which thank goodness I didn't, but my Hernia is definitely not happy.   I visited with a Surgeon yesterday to see what he thought we should do and he said that my Hernia was too big to heal on its own.  That if I were to leave it untreated it could 1. Close up with my intestines still inside it and be in a LOT more pain, or 2.  if would keep growing to the size of a softball! YIKES!  I didn't want either to happen.  So we scheduled surgery for this coming Monday the 25th of Feb.

As scary as this all could've been I feel so blessed as well.  During this whole time where I rushed to the E.R., went to a family doctor, and scheduled my appointment with a surgeon I was scared that I would have to pay out of pocket with it all.  Just the E.R. visit alone would be thousands of dollars not to mention a surgery.  But even though I was terrified of all these upcoming money problems I started to pray.

I realized that I have a problem with having Faith in things, like in God, in my relationships, you name it... Some may call it worry, Fear of the unknown, unable to believe.  And because I knew this it somehow clicked during my worry about money and payments of 'how on earth I was going to pay for all of this'... I just tossed it aside as best as I could and prayed... and believed that God would help us take care of it somehow.  He'll never put us in a situation that we cannot handle.

Although I was still worried I did manage to calm myself to the point that I knew something good would happen.

Later that day when I met with the surgeon they said in order for them to schedule the appointment we need to pay for the surgery upfront.  Which I might say was about 2000 dollars.  So I gave them my old insurance card number (thinking it wouldn't work) just to see if it would go through and to my surprise it did.

I was shocked!  I had thought my insurance had expired.  I looked my insurance up online to make sure that it wasn't pulling my leg and to my surprise I was enrolled in a annual enrollment program the renews itself every time it expires!!!

I did not know this! I felt so relieved to hear from the doctors that my insurance covered all the costs!  OMGosh!  God is good.  I now know that this was a major step in my spiritual life.  God is showing me the right ways to believe in him and to have Faith that He will follow through when you need Him the most.  Glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment