Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Umbilical Hernia Surgery

Well my surgery was probably one of the most bizarre things I have ever been a part of.  The whole process itself wasn't that bad... it actual was relaxing.. but also very very trippy!

I remember getting to the hospital and getting ready.  Sitting with Joel watching Dr. Who.  Then they wheeled me into the Pre-Surgical room where I had to say my goodbyes to Joel and get prepped with my IV and various tests and shots... that was probably one of the hardest moments only because Joel wasn't there and I was just sitting there freaking myself out.


Once my Doctor got there I was put at ease a lot more because he went through the whole procedure and what to expect afterwards and that everything will happen in a flash.  After watching and hearing about all those horror stories of patients waking up in the middle of the procedure I was a little worried that I would be one of those people lol.

So finally the anesthesiologist comes in and says okay we're ready for you.   And I get wheeled into the surgical room... and then my memory went blank...

...I remember wakings up freaking out... I felt like I was still waiting in a big room... like I dozed off for a couple minutes  I thought that my surgery was put off... maybe because I fell asleep?  Or the doctor had an emergency?  The nurse was there and I asked when I was going into surgery and she said I was done!? What?! Done??? How could I be done... I never even went in... wait if I went in I'd be in pain... I looked down at my tummy and everything seemed normal...except there was a band around my tummy... "What the heck!" "Who the heck put this there?"  I thought I was going crazy... I could not remember a thing...

Although I find myself  recalling random flashes of things that happened before I was sedated... I still don't know if they are real flashbacks or just ones I dreamed about... such a weird fuzzy feeling! LOL

Overall my surgery went smoothly.  I was out of there in a couple of hours after my surgery and I was back at home... last night was tough... I could not fall asleep... I was so tired... but I just couldn't get everything in me to fall asleep... and today has been horrible.  My abdomen just keeps getting sorer and sorer... and I can barely get myself in and out of bed, and a chair... laying down and standing are the only comfortable positions!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.  I just want to be able to hold Kyle again.  It's tough but it's what I got to do to better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment