Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Crafty Mommy

This Momma has been one crafty Mommy Lately! Cooking with my Sis-n-law really inspired me to start making things I've been wanting to make for a while but just didn't have the time or space for it.  Now that Kyle can entertaining himself I have some free time!  So I decided to make Kyle and myself an Easter outfit! So of course I looked up some ideas on Pinterest and you can check out my boards if you want to see where I got these ideas from.  But I mostly just got inspired by those ideas then made it my own.  

As you can see that I made Kyle a Bow Tie and suspenders!  It's so adorable! I just bought the onesie myself and sewed the stuff on top.
 I got the fabric on clearance in Wal-Mart and just figured it out from there.
 The I made my dress... which I call the Tank Top Dress.  I just again bought a normal tank top and the fabric of my desire and layered it.  It took me about two days to finish.  The sewing machine and I are very good friends now.
 I used an elastic band in the middle so it would give it more shape and create natural pleats on the shirt which in return the dress now twirls so beautifully! I used a Circle Skirt design and just attached it to a tank top pretty much! The hardest part was just cutting the fabric and hemming the edges which didn't take all too long.
 Now I have a pretty Sundress I can run around in and feel happy about.
This is Crafty Momma Signing Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment