Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Family Reunion

Wow this Mini Family Reunion has been a blast.  We had about 19 people here in total and it was a challenge to keep up with everyone.  On Saturday we went to a fancy restaurant called "The Rim" apparently its for rich people! lol And then Sunday we went to a place called "The Water Wheel" and its pretty much a river with natural slides and lots or natural pools to swim in and lots of hiking.  And boy was I tired... I ended up falling on our way back and scraped my knee up a tad.  We also had a huge BBQ with everyone and Jenelle, Kyle, Joel, Jason (Tim's Friend), and myself made a movie spoof based off of Skylight, which we called "BoreLite." 


And now it is Monday and we're relaxing and I'm finishing up the movie so we can watch it later today and probably helping my Grandpa out with a few things at the shop.  He owns and runs a Gun Shop up here in Payson.  


Soon tomorrow will roll around and we'll be driving back to Tucson and getting back to reality.  I sometimes wish I could go back in time and just be a kid for a while.  Enjoying life and living in the moment.  Whenever I came back to this place I have great memories of growing up and being creative making forts and movies.  I never want to leave my childhood.  Its makes me happy but these trips make me sad.  Not because I'm leaving them but because everything is changing and we're all grown up now. Nothing will ever be the same.


Who knows by next year one of us kids could be having a little one of our own.  Or Tim could be getting married and Jenelle and Kyle could be too busy to visit. This may or may not be the last time we will all be here together like this again.  Its a scary but bittersweet feeling.  Change is going to happen whether we like it or not.  But at this moment in time I wish things didn't have to change. I wish this could be the place that never changed and we would always be children running and playing in the woods.  Makes me want to cry just thinking that will never happen again. 


I hope that I'll be able to concieve and give birth to a baby before my grandparents pass away.  My dream is for them to meet their great grandchildren as soon as they can.  So I guess I just have to pray and wait!


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment