Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Awakening!

So over the past couple years I've been in a weird depression.  Leading me to gain a few pounds... its ok I really don't mind that anyone says so because I've come to terms with it.  But instead of thinking about what used to be and what could have been I'm actually finally starting to do something!  So I'm going to get off my butt and get this life into gear and do something good for myself.  


The first thing I'm going to try probably tonight is, "THE 100 WORKOUT" its mostly designed for women but I'm sure men could try it as well.  I head it from a friend on facebook who said that it works pretty darn good so I think I'm going to give it a go.  This is what it is:



  • 100 Jumping Jacks
  • 90 Crunches
  • 80 Squats
  • 70 Leg Lifts
  • 60 Jumping Jacks
  • 50 Crunches
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Leg Lifts
  • 20 Jumping Jacks
  • 10 Minutes of Running


It sounds very challenging especially since I haven't done most of these workouts since High School but it will be good for me.


Secondly I'm going to "TRY" (Keyword Try) the South Beach Diet with Joel, Sara, and David.  So we can all keep both motivated and accountable!  And also reward ourselves! But that probably won't start until a few weeks because we need some money for groceries and we need the book.  


Lastly Starting Monday Joel and I are going to cut Computers, TV, Internet (Except for Joel's email), and video/movies/tv shows, out for a whole week and find different things to do.  Cause my Mom was right I and Joel do spend too much time on electronic devices!  So I think its about time we start focusing on other things that are better for us emotionally, spiritually, and physically!  


Plus if Joel does get accepted into the Navy I need to be able to take care of myself starting now so I don't spiral into another depression and focus on things that aren't important in life... like the computer!  I'll keep a log about this next week on paper and then possibly write it down later... we'll see! 


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment