Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Project 1: The Mason Jar

Yes like I said before I have a "Project Folder"  it's more like a notebook but nonetheless it's full of fun ideas! Once of my ideas had to do with a mason jar I found at a thrift store for about 3 bucks. I've been wanting to find cute jars to either decorate of flaunt its characteristics on its own and put it in my kitchen.  Since the Mason jar I found wasn't all the special I decided to crazy it up a bit by adding fabric bows and a few fake flowers! 
My Folder
I had to use some silicone sealant so it would be air tight when I put food inside. 
Whatever ribbons or yarn you want to use.
A hot glue gun will do the job nicely!
some decoration never hurts
Pick out some really cute fabric
cut it into shreds.. in this case I tore it along the seams but cutting might be easier for some other fabrics
Start hot gluing it on!
Put one slightly on top of the other
Its coming along!
Looks AMAZING!
Now for the top I decided to be more creative and cut my scraps up into squares.
Glued them on top.
I put a ribbon along the top crease.

Added my Decor!
And wrote "FLOUR" on it! Ta-Da!
It was a fun project! Feel free to take some ideas from my experience!  Its fun!
Kyle is all tuckered out! lol

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment