Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saint-Raphael Hawawini Day is upon us!

It's the beginning of a new day and I can't sleep.. so blogging only seems natural for one trying to get tired in the brain! Today or better yet yesterday was a good day.  I got a break from Kyle and got to catch up on missed "Zzzz's" then made breakfast and just took care of my little growing family.  Kyle ate in a High Chair for the first time today! He actually wanted to eat the rice cereal! It was adorable yet sad because my little man is growing up!

Tomorrow is our Church's celebration for Halloween except it's called "St Raphael" day or what I would like to call "Hawawini Day" which is an actual Saint's name!  The kids dress up as bible characters and they do contests and games and eat candy!  This year Joel was in charge of the games... and of course we both forgot to think of any until the night before!  So I decided with my quick sharp mind to get a small scavenger hunt going for the kids!  They'd love it! So here I am making this thing and Joel helped come up with a few clues and then he fell asleep! lol! That man can sleep through anything!

He actually talks in his sleep! Bah! Just a moment ago he woke up slightly trying to make up a clue for me.. even tho we were done... lol I just laugh and start asking him bizarre questions until he gets "Sleepy Mad" and goes back to sleep! It's fun!

Anyways, this year is the first year Joel and I have had a BABY to DRESS UP!  Wait... let me rephrase that.... : This year is the First Year I GET TO DRESS UP A BABY! Bah! My dream come true! LOL So this year he is Archangel Michael!  I decorated a onesie myself and found wings and even a red cape!  Its So Awesome....oh wait he even has a tiny sword! I am literally spazing with Joy!  I will update with pictures as soon as they are taken!
His so far outfit I made! It's pretty awesome!

Way out on left field of topics, Joel and I are on the fence with moving.  It's either stay in Tucson for another year and a half... or move to payson and start all over.  I am so torn!  It sucks cause I really don't have many friends here in Tucson.  I mean I used to... but being married and now having a baby really makes it tough... I feel like girls are afraid of me... maybe having babies is contagious to them or something... course it's also my fault for not having any time!  The only time I can really get out is usually when someone has to pick me up... and even then there's a 70%  chance Kyle is with me... which I don't mind.  But some people do.

But I love my church and it is a nice place here although the weather sucks.  Idk I guess I have to really think about this more.  I've been stressing out in my mind over moving again... and wondering where we are moving to!

I guess I will have to think about it more.  Oh! I made Homemade Caramel today! It was Soooo delicious!

Recipe:

EASY HOMEMADE CARAMEL DIP 

1 C. brown Sugar
1 stick Butter
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1 -14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk 
(if you'd like to cut back on the sugar amount, click here for the recipe for my homemade Sweetened condensed milk made with xylitol or splenda...it does have to set overnight)

Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat.  Stir constantly,
until all the butter has melted and the brown sugar has dissolved. 
Boil for 2 minutes.

That's it.  Let it cool to room temp and enjoy with apples or pretzels. 
It sets up more when it's refrigerated, so I just heat it up for about 30 seconds and it's ready to be enjoyed. 
Serve with sliced Fruit, or as a
Delicious as an Ice Cream topping.... Store in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
------------------------------------
Anyways! Life is good and so is this caramel! Enjoy and I will post soon! God Bless us everyone! =P

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment