Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Project 2: Coffee Jar Project

So I was getting tired of having an ugly coffee bad on the counter all the time and decided to do something about it finally!  I was making lunch the other day for Joel and myself and ended up using up all our pickles.  I looked at the jar... and a Light Bulb went off! COFFEE! So I grabbed a bunch of fitting supplies and went at it.
 Most of my supplies laid out around the table!
I made a seam like hatching with the fabric to give the side an interesting look!
 Was actually trying to iron this onto my fabric but realized I needed Freeze Paper and not Wax paper... but I quickly came up with a different idea!  I glued the wax paper onto the fabric.
 Folded some fabric around the rim of the lid... then cute off the scraps surrounding it!
 Now that that part is done.  It's time for the finishing touches!
 I found some old flowers I used to sick in my hair as a kid and tied a bow with some scrap ribbon material.
 Then for the lid a made an abstract version of both Joel and My initials "J"N" =)
 For some reason it wont let me flip the picture but here is the finished project with the coffee beans inside! Waaa...Laaa!

And that is my Lovely Coffee Bean Jar =) 

Xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment