Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Girl So Fair - The Proposal

An old friend was talking to me yesterday asking about how Joel proposed to me.  And instead of just telling her because there are so many details I decided to write about that.


Joel and I had only been dating a month maybe less before we realized we were going to marry each other.  Almost like it was meant to be.  So we talked about the future and he had asked me "Does it matter how I propose to you?"  And of course I was excited about the words Propose! I told him to do whatever he wanted to do was fine with me but the only catch was that he had to ask my Dad for my hand in Marriage!  


My Amazing Parents


So naturally Joel and I drive up to see my parents and my Dad and Joel are talking and apparently my Dad just kept on talking and talking but when it came down to the wire he never said Yes and he never said No.  So Joel said... okay well he didn't say no... I'm going to propose then! lol 


Throughout the whole month of October we had been rehearsing a story for Joel's "Mr Lumber-Jack Pageant" that was put on but NAU. Basically men of all shapes ad sizes competed in 3 categories 1. Muscles 2. Talent 3. Q & A.  Joel was contestant 12 which was the last guy to go up in all the categories and it was also FREEZING outside!  And of course I was wearing a white dress and flip flops because of Joel's talent.  


Joel and his Brother Adam at the Pageant before the Proposal


So Joel goes up for his talent and we got through the whole skit of how he got his hat and then it was over; well that's what I thought.  I was about to walk off stage when Joel says something and I had no idea what I was supposed to do or say "Did I forget something in the skit" was my thought... then Joel gets down on one knee Pulls out a ring and asks if I'd marry him!  The crowd was so loud that I couldn't say anything... but I melted into his arms.  


I said yes <3


Also on a side not my parents were there and they told me later that they were oblivious to what was going on.  But as I rushed off stage a huge group of friends were there to congratulate us and it was one of my happiest days of my life!  I love my Joelly Bear =) 


There is a Video of this spectacular event on YouTube the site is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayDdSQMlU0

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment