Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

True Love

Well I thought that now would be the perfect time to tell you about my husband and how we met.  


I'm recently from Sanger, CA where I grew up and went to school.  My parents decided that they were going to move to AZ to take care of my Grandparents and wanted me to go to NAU and put some change in my life.  I was not looking forward to that.  But I eventually agreed to stay out there for a year and if I hated AZ I would move back to Cali.  That was until I met Joel Nixon. 
                                              My Family


To say the least Joel is a pretty funny yet odd guy.  The first time we met I had just got to Flagstaff and made a new friend (Donnelly) who invited me to go to "Dancing at the Square" And I said yes mainly because I wanted to make friends possible meet some guys too.  So I get picked up by Donnelly and she's driving this beat up Honda named "Amber" and it was Joel's car... yup... had tons of dents, ducked taped window, and garbage everywhere! Gross!  I thought whoever owned this car must be gross... ha ha


I get to the Downtown Square and Joel is already there wearing cummerbunds and a top hat just dancing away.  Never meeting him before I thought "Ooo He's Cute!"  He say me and after the song he walked up introduced himself as "Indiana Joel" and asked me to dance... I tried to keep up with him but the way he thinks is like trying to listen to 100 different conversations... its just intense!  Later after dancing we talked and he called me Vanessa and tried to play it off like he wasn't being a jerk... ha and he later told me that he thought I was cute but thought I was 17 when I was really 20.  


But after that night we'd hang out and go to BMN and just be friends.  Until one night I saw Joel talking after dancing and he asked if I and this other guy wanted to go watch a movie at his place I said sure and the other dude bailed.  We ended up watching "Princess Bride" and we're cuddling while watching the movie.  Then out of the blue we kissed... And even tho I just met him maybe 1 or 2 months before we kissed the chemistry was there and there was a feeling of excitement afterwards.  Then he decided to ask me out on a date to see "District 9" which was an interesting date movie and on his B-day Aug 26 he asked me to be his Girlfriend.  


                                          Fair 2009 


From that day on we've been in love.  He Proposed to me in Oct and we got married a year later.  And coming around the bin its going to be our 1 yr anniversary and I'm super excited about it! August 22 is our anniversary!!!  But yes that's basically the story of us... there's a few other details I left out but only because I would have to write a book to get it all down! lol 


                                           Our Proposal 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment